California Certified Food Managers
California requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who is a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
California Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals.
Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
- California Food Handler Card Law Guidelines (Word Doc)
- SB 602 – California Food Handler Card Requirements (PDF)
- California Retail Food Code (CRFC, 2016) (PDF)
- California Food Safety Program Rules and Guidelines
- FAQs: Commonly Asked Questions about AB 1978, California Food Safety and Sanitation Training, and Certified Examination
Food Vendors and Food Trucks
- Sacramento County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Southern California Mobile Food Vendors Association
- San Diego County – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Find LA Food Trucks
- Los Angeles County – Mobile Food Facilities
- Fresno County – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- San Joaquin Couty – Mobile Food Facilities (PDF)
- Orange County – Carts/Trucks Mobile Food Facility
- San Bernardino County – Temporary Food Facilities (PDF)
- City of Riverside – Reulation of Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City/County of San Francisco – Mobile Food Facilities
- Alameda County – Mobile Food Facilities
- City of Woodland – Mobile Food Vendor Requirements (PDF)
- City of Davis – Mobile Food Vendor Requirements (PDF)
- Napa County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Sonoma County- Mobile Food Facilities
- City of Santa Cruz – Mobile Food Vending
- City of Santa Rosa – Mobile Vending Permits
- City of Oakland – Mobile Food Vending
- City of San Leandro – Mobile Food Vending
- Solano County – Mobile Food Facility Requirements
- Yuba County – Mobile Food Facility Guidelines (PDF)
- Stanford University – Mobile Food Vendors
California Department of Food and Agriculture
1220 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
California Dept. of Health Services
Food and Drug Branch
1500 Capitol Avenue MA 7602
PO Box 997435
Sacramento, CA 95899-7435
Phone: (910) 650-6617
California Food Safety Training accepted in these counties: Los Angeles County CA,Orange County CA,San Diego County CA,Riverside County CA,San Bernardino County CA,Santa Clara County CA,Alameda County CA,Sacramento County CA,Contra Costa County CA,Fresno County CA,Ventura County CA,San Francisco County CA,Kern County CA,San Mateo County CA,San Joaquin County CA,Stanislaus County CA,Sonoma County CA,Tulare County CA,Solano County CA,Monterey County CA,Santa Barbara County CA,Placer County CA,San Luis Obispo County CA,Santa Cruz County CA,Merced County CA,Marin County CA,Butte County CA,Yolo County CA,El Dorado County CA, and many more!
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Code at Checkout: "train10off"
California Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
California Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
California Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in California for: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Long Beach, Bakersfield, Santa Ana, Oakland, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Riverside, Stockton, Chula Vista, Irvine, Fremont, San Bernardino, Modesto, Oxnard, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Oceanside, Santa Rosa, Berkeley, and many more!
Getting your California Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!