California Certified Food Managers
California requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
California – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
California Certified Food Manager & State Info
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
The course is based on the principles and recommendations of the FDA Food Code and is recommended for people involved in the preparation, handling, serving and displaying of food. Industry professionals who should consider this program include wait staff, chefs, cooks, bartenders, hosts and hostesses and supervisory personnel, such as the general manager or managers.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final 90 question exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. (*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – a HACCP Course is required.)
The Exam must be proctored at a 3rd party test center location. Schedule exam online at a testing center near you. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
If you have already passed a Food Safety Manager exam and it has not expired, your certification is valid nationwide, in all states. However, some jurisdictions have their own specific regulations, so make sure to check with your local health authority for any varying requirements.
Help with Exam
Before the Exam: To login into the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
To Schedule Your Exam Online: After purchasing the exam, please click here to schedule your exam. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
Course and Exam Completion Instructions: Upon receiving a passing score of 70%, candidates may print a proof of completion certificate from the LMS. Also, an official certificate will be mailed to candidates within 15 business days of exam completion. Certificate details are provided in this end of course instructions document. (400K- PDF) – Download
American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP) Accreditation Program
Food Protection Manager Certification Program
Company: 360training.com, Inc.
Accreditation ID: 0975
Website: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
- California Food Handler Card Law Guidelines (Word Doc)
- SB 602 – California Food Handler Card Requirements (PDF)
- California Retail Food Code (CRFC, 2016) (PDF)
- California Food Safety Program Rules and Guidelines
- FAQs: Commonly Asked Questions about AB 1978, California Food Safety and Sanitation Training, and Certified Examination
Food Vendors and Food Trucks
- Sacramento County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Southern California Mobile Food Vendors Association
- San Diego County – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Find LA Food Trucks
- Los Angeles County – Mobile Food Facilities
- Fresno County – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- San Joaquin Couty – Mobile Food Facilities (PDF)
- Orange County – Carts/Trucks Mobile Food Facility
- San Bernardino County – Temporary Food Facilities (PDF)
- City of Riverside – Reulation of Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City/County of San Francisco – Mobile Food Facilities
- Alameda County – Mobile Food Facilities
- City of Woodland – Mobile Food Vendor Requirements (PDF)
- City of Davis – Mobile Food Vendor Requirements (PDF)
- Napa County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Sonoma County- Mobile Food Facilities
- City of Santa Cruz – Mobile Food Vending
- City of Santa Rosa – Mobile Vending Permits
- City of Oakland – Mobile Food Vending
- City of San Leandro – Mobile Food Vending
- Solano County – Mobile Food Facility Requirements
- Yuba County – Mobile Food Facility Guidelines (PDF)
- Stanford University – Mobile Food Vendors
California Department of Food and Agriculture
1220 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
California Dept. of Health Services
Food and Drug Branch
1500 Capitol Avenue MA 7602
PO Box 997435
Sacramento, CA 95899-7435
Phone: (910) 650-6617
- ANSI Accredited – State Accepted
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion!
- Schedule ANSI Exam at 3rd Party Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
California Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
California Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
California Food Manager Course & ANSI Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
California RBS (Responsible Beverage Service) & Food Manager Certification
Special Package Price: $113.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in California for: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Long Beach, Bakersfield, Santa Ana, Oakland, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Riverside, Stockton, Chula Vista, Irvine, Fremont, San Bernardino, Modesto, Oxnard, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Oceanside, Santa Rosa, Berkeley, and many more!
California Food Safety Training accepted in these counties: Los Angeles County CA,Orange County CA,San Diego County CA,Riverside County CA,San Bernardino County CA,Santa Clara County CA,Alameda County CA,Sacramento County CA,Contra Costa County CA,Fresno County CA,Ventura County CA,San Francisco County CA,Kern County CA,San Mateo County CA,San Joaquin County CA,Stanislaus County CA,Sonoma County CA,Tulare County CA,Solano County CA,Monterey County CA,Santa Barbara County CA,Placer County CA,San Luis Obispo County CA,Santa Cruz County CA,Merced County CA,Marin County CA,Butte County CA,Yolo County CA,El Dorado County CA, and many more!
Getting your California Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!