Food safety does not only affect the sales and continued patronage of an establishment, but also public safety. Food safety education and training is essential to raising awareness about foodborne diseases and how deadly pathogen spreads. Thus, many state and local health agencies require food safety training and/or certification for restaurant managers and food handlers.
Two thirds of foodborne illness outbreaks in the United States are associated with restaurants or delis. 
Food establishments are responsible for keeping and handling food safe for their customers and food handler safety is of paramount importance to businesses of any size which handle food.
Food safety training ensures the sales and continued patronage of an establishment. Moreover, about 72% of businesses indicate they would be more likely to hire food safety trained handlers and 50% willing to pay higher wages to those trained. 
- Learn about proper hygiene, cross contamination, cold and hot food safety, foodborne pathogens, and best practices to prevent foodborne illness.
- Food Manager Training & ANSI Certification - $99.00
- Food Handler Training - only $7.00!
- HACCP Training 16hr/4hr/1hr
- Food Allergy Training - $15.00
- 10% OFF: Promo "train10off" at Checkout
Employees and Food Safety Training
- Food safety and sanitation are integral to operating a successful food service. The safety of our food supply is a responsibility shared by producers, sellers, managers and handlers.
- Food safety training does not only affect the sales and continued patronage of your establishment, but also public safety.
- Businesses are more likely to hire food safety trained handlers and are willing to pay higher wages to those trained.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that because of foodborne illness 76 million people fall ill, 325,000 are hospitalized and 5,000 Americans die annually. Because of these alarming statistics, many states require certification of food managers which may include a food safety exam.
- With many retailers requiring food safety certification, you will increase your ability to gain entry into wholesale and retail markets.
- Being proactive and having a food safety plan in place along with proper documentation is recognized as a wise business practice.
Food Safety Videos: Clean, Separate, Cook, Chill
Food Safety “Clean” Video
Food Safety “Separate” Video
Food Safety “Cook” Video
Food Safety “Chill” Video
Food Safety Quiz
- Gould H, Walsh K, Vieira A, Herman K, Williams I, Hall A, Cole D. Surveillance for foodborne disease outbreaks—United States 1998–2008. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62:1–34.
- Journal of Extension:Employees and Food Safety: Is Training Important to Food Service Managers? – https://www.joe.org/joe/2003february/rb1.php