Indiana Certified Food Managers
Indiana requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who is a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
Indiana Accredited Food Manager Certification Examination & Training Provider (360training.com).
Indiana Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals.
Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
- Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) Rule – Indiana Administrative Code – Title 410 – IAC 7-22 (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Indiana – How to Start a Retail Food Business
- Requirements TITLE 410 IAC 7-22 Rule (PDF)
- Food Handlers Certification Map (PDF)
- How to Identify a Valid Certification of Food Handler Certificate (PDF)
- Indiana – Mobile Food Vendor Association – Facebook
- Indiana Business Journal – Food Trucks
- Indianapolis and Marion County – Vendor Carts Info
- Indianapolis Food Trucks – Roaming Hunger
- Marion County – Department of Public Health – Food and Consumer Safety (Website) – The Department of Food and Consumer Safety licenses and inspects retail food establishments and temporary food establishments, responds to consumer complaints and provides food safety education.
- Marion County – Mobile Food Establishments – Information and Application
- Louisville Food Truck Association
- Visit Bloomington – Food Trucks and Carts
- City of Columbia – Mobile Food Truck Ordinance (PDF)
- Caveman Truck – Indianapolis
- Delaware County – Environmental Public Health Division
- Floyd County Health Department – Food Service Division
Indiana State Department of Health
Food Protection Program
2 North Meridian 5C
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317) 233-7360
Indiana – Local Health Departments: http://www.in.gov/isdh/24822.htm
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Code at Checkout: "train10off"
Indiana Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Indiana Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Indiana Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Indiana for: Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville, South Bend, Carmel, Bloomington, Fishers, Hammond, Gary, Muncie, Lafayette, Terre Haute, Kokomo, Noblesville, Anderson, Greenwood, Columbus, and many more!
Getting your Indiana Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!