North Carolina Certified Food Managers
North Carolina requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who is a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
North Carolina Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals.
Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
- North Carolina Food Code Manual (PDF)
- North Carolina Food Protection and Sanitation (PDF)
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services – Division of Public Health – Environmental Health Section – 15A NCAC 18A.2600 – Rules Governing The Food Protection and Sanitation of Food Establishments (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- City of Raleigh – Mobile Food Trucks
- City of Raleigh – Food Truck Quick Reference (PDF)
- Wake County – Food Trucks
- Catawba County – Mobile Food Units (PDF)
- City of Greensboro – Food Trucks
- North Carolina PushCart Vendors Commissary Facebook
- Harnett County – Mobile Food Unit Requirements
- Durham County – Temporary Food Establishments
- Gaston County – Mobile Food Units (PDF)
- Pitt County – Temporary Food Vendors (PDF)
- Wayne County – Food Vendors (PDF)
- Town of Chapel Hill – Food Truck Vendors
- City of Durham – Street Vendors (PDF)
- Charlotte – Mecklenburg County – Temporary Food Vendors
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
North Carolina Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
North Carolina Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
North Carolina Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in North Carolina for: Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Durham, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Cary, Wilmington, High Point, Greenville, Asheville, Concord, Gastonia, Jacksonville, Chapel Hill, Rocky Mount, Wake Forest, Davidson, Jamestown, Pinehurst, and many more!
Getting your North Carolina Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!