Maryland Certified Food Managers
Maryland requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Maryland – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Maryland Certified Food Manager & State Info
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
The course is based on the principles and recommendations of the FDA Food Code and is recommended for people involved in the preparation, handling, serving and displaying of food. Industry professionals who should consider this program include wait staff, chefs, cooks, bartenders, hosts and hostesses and supervisory personnel, such as the general manager or managers.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final 90 question exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. (*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – a HACCP Course is required.)
The Exam must be proctored at a 3rd party test center location. Schedule exam online at a testing center near you. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
If you have already passed a Food Safety Manager exam and it has not expired, your certification is valid nationwide, in all states. However, some jurisdictions have their own specific regulations, so make sure to check with your local health authority for any varying requirements.
Help with Exam
Before the Exam: To login into the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
To Schedule Your Exam Online: After purchasing the exam, please click here to schedule your exam. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
Course and Exam Completion Instructions: Upon receiving a passing score of 70%, candidates may print a proof of completion certificate from the LMS. Also, an official certificate will be mailed to candidates within 15 business days of exam completion. Certificate details are provided in this end of course instructions document. (400K- PDF) – Download
American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP) Accreditation Program
Food Protection Manager Certification Program
Company: 360training.com, Inc.
Accreditation ID: 0975
Website: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Maryland Mobile Food Vending Association (MMFVA)
- Montgomery County – Mobile Food Service Unit
- City of Baltimore – Food Facilities
- City of Baltimore – Requirements for Strete Vendors (PDF)
- Prince George County – Department of Parks – Becoming a Food Vendor
- Howard County – Mobile Food Service Requirements
- Carroll County – Mobile Food Service Facility
- City of Gathersburg – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Harford County – Food Service Facilities
- Calvert County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Anne Arundel County – Mobile Vendors (PDF)
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH)
Food Protection, Licensing, and Inspection
201 West Preston Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Phone: (410) 767-6500
Maryland Food Safety Local Requirements
County of Baltimore has Certified Food Service Manager requirements.
Baltimore Environmental Health Services (EHS) requires the operators of each medium and high priority food service facility to have a certified food manager on site during all hours of operation.
- Certified Food Service Manager – Level I is required for medium and high priority facilities. These facilities can operate one or more days per week. If a non-profit facility operates four or more days per week, a Certified Food Service Manager – Level I is required.
Download the Certified Food Service Manager – Level I Application (PDF).
- Certified Food Service Manager – Level II is required for a volunteer fire company or bona fide non-profit fraternal, civic, veteran, religious, or charitable organization that operates a high or medium priority food service facility three days or less per week.
Download the Certified Food Service Manager Level II Training registration (PDF).
Sources: Baltimore Environmental Health Services (EHS)
- ANSI Accredited – State Accepted
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion!
- Schedule ANSI Exam at 3rd Party Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Maryland Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Maryland Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Maryland Food Manager Course & ANSI Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Maryland for: Baltimore, Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Waldorf, Ellicott City, Glen Burnie, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Dundalk, Bethesda, Towson, Bowie, Aspen Hill, Wheaton, and many more!
Getting your Maryland Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!