New York Certified Food Managers
New York requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requires New York Food Protection Certificate for supervisors in any food service establishment, including non-retail and temporary food service establishments. The certificate is awarded upon successful completion of a food protection course. A person holding a Food Protection Certificate must be on premises and supervise all food preparation activities during all hours of the establishment’s operation. This certification requires applicants to take a 15-hour course (in person or online) and pass an examination (in person only).
The NYC Health Code requires supervisors of food service establishments and non-retail food service establishments be certified in food protection.
NYC Health Code – Article 81: Food Preparation & Food Establishments (PDF)
§81.15. Food protection course
(a) Food protection certificate required. No person who is charged with the management or supervision of the operations of a food service establishment or non-retail food processing establishment shall engage or be employed in such capacity unless he or she obtains a certificate issued by the Department subsequent to successful completion of a course in food protection, and passage of an examination administered by the Department. No person required to have a license issued pursuant to §89.03(b) of this Code shall be issued such license unless he or she obtains such a certificate. A person holding such certificate shall be on the premises and shall supervise all food preparation activities during all hours of operation.
To prepare for the New York Food Protection Course and Exam, read: NYC Food Protection Course Training Manual (PDF)
New York – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
New York Certified Food Manager & State Info
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
The course is based on the principles and recommendations of the FDA Food Code and is recommended for people involved in the preparation, handling, serving and displaying of food. Industry professionals who should consider this program include wait staff, chefs, cooks, bartenders, hosts and hostesses and supervisory personnel, such as the general manager or managers.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (English) – $85.00
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (Spanish) – $85.00
- Food Manager Certification ANSI Exam – $55.00
- Special: Food Safety Management Principles Course with ANSI Exam – $99.00
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANS Certification Exam
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final 90 question exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. (*This exam is not accepted in New York and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – a HACCP Course is required.)
The Exam must be proctored at a 3rd party test center location. Schedule exam online at a testing center near you. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
If you have already passed a Food Safety Manager exam and it has not expired, your certification is valid nationwide, in all states. However, some jurisdictions have their own specific regulations, so make sure to check with your local health authority for any varying requirements.
Help with Exam
Before the Exam: To login into the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
To Schedule Your Exam Online: After purchasing the exam, please click here to schedule your exam. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
Course and Exam Completion Instructions: Upon receiving a passing score of 70%, candidates may print a proof of completion certificate from the LMS. Also, an official certificate will be mailed to candidates within 15 business days of exam completion. Certificate details are provided in this end of course instructions document. (400K- PDF) – Download
American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP) Accreditation Program
Food Protection Manager Certification Program
Company: 360training.com, Inc.
Accreditation ID: 0975
Website: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
- New York Food Protection Course Training Manual (PDF)
- New York Health Code: Article 81 – Food Prep & Food Establishments (PDF)
- New York State Sanitary Code – Part 14, Subpart 14-1 Food Service Establishments
- New York State – Agriculture and Markets Department – Food Safety and Inspection – Application Forms
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- New York City – Mobile Food Vending Unit
- New York City – Food Cart Vendor
- New York City Business – Mobile Food Vending License
- New York City – Updated Regulations 2014 – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- NYC Rules – Mobile Food Vendors
- New York Street Food
- New York City Food Truck Association
- New York Magazine – Twenty Best Food Carts
- NYC Truck Food
- Midtown Lunch – Midtown NYC – Stret Vendor Issues
- Street Vendor Project
- Suffolk County – Food Code
- Long Island Food Trucks
New York State Department of Health
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12237
Phone: (518) 447-4580
New York County Health Departments: http://www.nysacho.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=3779
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has the jurisdiction to regulate all matters affecting health in the city and to perform all those functions and operations that relate to the health of the people of NYC.
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
42-09 28th St.
Queens, NY 11101
- ANSI Accredited – State Accepted
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion!
- Schedule ANSI Certification Exam at a 3rd Party Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
New York Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
New York Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
New York Food Manager Course & ANSI Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in New York for: New York City – NYC, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Syracuse, Albany, New Rochelle, Cheektowaga, Mount Vernon, Schenectady, Utica, Brentwood, Tonawanda CDP, White Plains, Hempstead, Levittown, Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and many more!