South Carolina Food Handlers
South Carolina food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. South Carolina food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
The South Carolina Food Handler Training Course is online, easy to use and takes about 2 hours to complete. The course is ANSI-accredited, state-approved and will take you step-by-step through everything you need to know, including food safety definitions, safe hygienic practices, safe food temperatures, cross-contamination of food, and food-related illnesses. All food safety content materials and exams are available in both English and Spanish.
Start now and get one step closer to obtaining your South Carolina food handler’s training card!
South Carolina Food Handler Training Course & State Info
Food Handler Course Description
The Food Handler Training course will discuss the various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques needed to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help the student better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
Audience: Chefs, cooks, mobile food vendors, bartenders, host/hostesses that handle food, bussers, caterers, wait staff,servers, supervisors and managers, food warehouse staff, and convenience store (c-store) clerks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
Upon completion of the Food Handler Training Course students will be able to:
- Identify food safety: its importance, goals, benefits, impact, and proper adherence
- Identify the importance food safety training: issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment
- Identify the types of foodborne illness and food spoilage and their causes and signs
- Identify the types of food contamination: biological, physical and chemical
- Enact the proper food temperature controls and time practices
- Enact the proper procedures to safely prepare, handle and store food
- Implement proper personal hygiene and health practices in the food workplace
- Implement the proper procedures of purchasing, receiving and storing food
- Enact proper cleaning and sanitation methods in the food workplace
- Identify the signs and enact the eradication procedures for pest infestation
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contamination
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Preventing Food Contamination
Lesson 6: Food Receiving and Storage
Lesson 7: Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
End of Course Test – Print Your Food Handler Training Certificate
As soon as you complete the food handler course – with a minimum seat time of 75 minutes – you will then be required to take the End of Course Test
With a minimum passing score of 75% on the test, you will be able to download and print your food handler training certificate of completion.
Individuals who do not pass the food handler training test on the first attempt will be allowed one additional attempt to review the course content and pass the test.
Renewing Your Food Handler Certificate
To renew your Food Handler Certification, you must complete the food handler training course again. The entire course must be generally taken every three years to renew your certificate. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Food Handler Course Accreditation – ANSI Accredited ID 0975
Our Learn2Serve food handler training course program has been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in accordance with the standard set by American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). This national level certification for food handlers is valid in all 50 states.
Source: ANSI – Food Handler Training Course
Gaining an accreditation from ANSI for the Food Handler Certificate Training Program means quality training that produces a food handler workforce more qualified than those without this Certification. Be a certified food handler. Take the ANSI-ASTM Food Handler Certificate Training Program today!
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- South Carolina DHEC Fact Sheet – Mobile Food Establishments (PDF)
- South Carolina – Food Cart Vendors
- Myrtle Beach Restaurant News – Food Truck Regulations
- South Carolina Festivals & Events
- City of Greenville – Food Truck Permits
- City of Spartanburg – Food Trucks
- City of Charleston – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Columbia – Food Trucks
- Food Truck Food Court Columbia – Facebook
- Friends of Columbia, SC’s Food Trucks and Food Carts – Facebook
- Columbia Metropolitan – Truckin around the Midlands
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
Bureau of Environmental Health
Division of Food Protection
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Phone: (803) 896-0640
- ANSI Accredited – State Accepted
- Course Duration: 75 mins
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion!
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
South Carolina Food Handler Training Card
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in South Carolina for: Columbia, Charleston, North Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Rock Hill, Greenville, Summerville, Sumter, Hilton Head Island, Spartanburg, Florence, Goose Creek, Aiken, Myrtle Beach, Anderson, Greer, Greenwood, Mauldin, Taylors, North Augusta, St. Andrews, Easley, Wade Hampton, Socastee, Simpsonville, Hanahan, Lexington, Conway, Seven Oaks, and many more!
Getting your South Carolina Food Handlers Training couldn’t be easier!